Saturday, February 7, 2009

HOT in SYDNEY

Well the temerature here is rising and we are all swealtering in the heat. Our dog,who normally spends her days chasing birds and jumping to see the possum in the tree,is laying on her bed,too exhausted to annoy any of the backyard creatures. I knew she was off the boil when one of the "butcher birds" managed to inspect the balcony without poor old roxy lifting her head.
The cockatoo's have also stayed away during the heat,they must have found a cooler place to go and skquack. I dont mind,they carry on so when I am in the yard hanging out the washing. Birds are quite terratorial I have learned!
We live not far from a river and at night when all is peaceful,apart from the cicadas,We can hear the fish jumping out of the water to land a feast of insects which hover over the river.
It is amazing how all creatures,big and small are affected by the weather.
I sit inside where I am cool and use the heat as a brilliant excuse for not cooking...who wants the house heated up by the stove? I also use the heat as an excuse for not getting any work done...who can work in this heat I say as I look outdoors and see the guy accross the road mowing his lawn.
Australia,such a diverse land. Tomorrow I will probably need a jumper!

No comments:

Post a Comment